When you’ve got the attention of the almighty and ever knowing Google it’s safe to say that things are looking up for you. Thus, cue the entrance music for DMV’s own Oddisee, whose new single The Need Superficial was recently picked up by Google for the unveiling of their latest technological tool, the Nexus Q streaming media player. Included on Oddisee’s new People Hear What They See LP (how’s that for a play on the senses), The Need Superficial oozes seventy’s soul while at the same time keeping it modern thanks to the underground vet’s lyrical dealings. On the record Oddisee flaunts his ability to both rap and produce as he provides the song with its groovy production. If you’re feeling The Need Superficial as much as Google then head over to Oddisee’s Bandcamp page to listen to the emcee’s People Hear What They See LP in its entirety.
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop's Cool Again" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.