When you’ve got the attention of the almighty and ever knowing Google it’s safe to say that things are looking up for you. Thus, cue the entrance music for DMV’s own Oddisee, whose new single The Need Superficial was recently picked up by Google for the unveiling of their latest technological tool, the Nexus Q streaming media player. Included on Oddisee’s new People Hear What They See LP (how’s that for a play on the senses), The Need Superficial oozes seventy’s soul while at the same time keeping it modern thanks to the underground vet’s lyrical dealings. On the record Oddisee flaunts his ability to both rap and produce as he provides the song with its groovy production. If you’re feeling The Need Superficial as much as Google then head over to Oddisee’s Bandcamp page to listen to the emcee’s People Hear What They See LP in its entirety.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/9/12
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop's Cool Again" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.