When I think of who makes me proud to be a DMV-er, RGIII, Chuck Brown, and Oddisee are just three of the many influencers with a special place in my heart. Though Oddisee hails from DC, as he explains on the intro to his new video single, Own Appeal, he draws inspiration from all of his travels. The visuals for Own Appeal, shot during a summertime trip to the Windy City of Chicago, likewise should inspire any hip-hop head in search of authentic, intelligent raps. Atop his own dusty production—featuring a subtle vocal chomp tucked into the feathery chiming and scratchy drum beat—Oddisee gets your head bobbing with his crisp yet smooth flow and really makes you listen with some shrewd, enlightened wordplay. If Own Appeal appeals to you, be sure to keep an eye out for Oddisee’s Tangible Dream retail mixtape, coming soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/27/13
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop's Cool Again" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.