When I think of who makes me proud to be a DMV-er, RGIII, Chuck Brown, and Oddisee are just three of the many influencers with a special place in my heart. Though Oddisee hails from DC, as he explains on the intro to his new video single, Own Appeal, he draws inspiration from all of his travels. The visuals for Own Appeal, shot during a summertime trip to the Windy City of Chicago, likewise should inspire any hip-hop head in search of authentic, intelligent raps. Atop his own dusty production—featuring a subtle vocal chomp tucked into the feathery chiming and scratchy drum beat—Oddisee gets your head bobbing with his crisp yet smooth flow and really makes you listen with some shrewd, enlightened wordplay. If Own Appeal appeals to you, be sure to keep an eye out for Oddisee’s Tangible Dream retail mixtape, coming soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/27/13
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop's Cool Again" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.