If hip-hop ever stopped being hip, I never got the memo, but it’s hard not to celebrate along with Booth newcomer Oddisee as he announces that Hip Hop’s Cool Again. Who’s responsible for this resurgence of coolness? If you answered “President Barack Obama,” well, you’re close—in fact, it’s Oddisee himself, a fellow Washington D.C. resident. While the emcee may not really be carrying the whole game on his back, he certainly has the multitasking prowess to carry a whole record; in addition to serving up a heaping helping of agile, celebratory lyricism on the verses and taking ‘em to school on the hook, Oddisee amps up the the old-school flavor with his own piano-sampling beat. If you’re impressed by this head-bobbing cut, don’t pass up the opportunity to witness Oddisee’s Mental Liberation, which is set to go down May 5th.
Written by richard on 03/11/09
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We On To Something" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.