Thus far in 2014, we’ve already featured boatloads of dope new music, but in the Back of My Mind I’ve had the feeling that something was missing. Now I know what—or rather, who—it was: Oddisee. Not featured on the solo tip since October, when he won rave Booth reviews for Own Appeal, the D.C. rapper and producer kicks the new year off on an introspective note with this freshly-minted video single. Over his own pensive piano loops and understated bells, Odd takes stock of his current hustle, spitting about his struggle to distinguish real friends from snakes in the grass and acknowledging his recent exasperation with the haters. Paolo Escobar provides some tuneful hook vocals, and Jeremy Ian Thomas directs the moody official visuals. For Back of My Mind and much more, cop Oddisee’s Tangible Dream LP, out now via Mello Music Group.
Written by richard on 03/10/14
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop's Cool Again" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.