Booth newcomers Zhendee and The Exceptionalist may be an Odd Couple but, like fractious roommates Felix Unger and Oscar Madison, their differences only make them a stronger pair. (As for who’s who, I’ll leave the question open.) By way of proof, I present Speak It Vivid, the latest leak off the Chi-town production duo’s forthcoming debut. Inspired by a line from Muggs’ Real Life (“The streets are frigid, so I speak it vivid…”), this freshly-released cut finds the crew crafting a dense, reverb-drenched synth-sample canvas for one of rap’s most skilled painters of word-pictures. I’m talking, of course, about Brooklyn mic-murderer Skyzoo, who laces the beat with rhymes as bruising as they are poetically intricate: “Motherf*ckers just so ag, so fast / Sleepin’ with sleep’s cousin and brought they own bags / Zippers all ready homie, no snags / Try and figure all that out, got ‘em closed cast.” A welcome change of pace from the usual monochrome offerings, Speak It Vivid is just one of many ill records to be found on Odd Couple’s debut EP, Separated at Birth. Keep it locked for further details on the project which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 04/4/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.