Booth newcomers Zhendee and The Exceptionalist may be an Odd Couple but, like fractious roommates Felix Unger and Oscar Madison, their differences only make them a stronger pair. (As for who’s who, I’ll leave the question open.) By way of proof, I present Speak It Vivid, the latest leak off the Chi-town production duo’s forthcoming debut. Inspired by a line from Muggs’ Real Life (“The streets are frigid, so I speak it vivid…”), this freshly-released cut finds the crew crafting a dense, reverb-drenched synth-sample canvas for one of rap’s most skilled painters of word-pictures. I’m talking, of course, about Brooklyn mic-murderer Skyzoo, who laces the beat with rhymes as bruising as they are poetically intricate: “Motherf*ckers just so ag, so fast / Sleepin’ with sleep’s cousin and brought they own bags / Zippers all ready homie, no snags / Try and figure all that out, got ‘em closed cast.” A welcome change of pace from the usual monochrome offerings, Speak It Vivid is just one of many ill records to be found on Odd Couple’s debut EP, Separated at Birth. Keep it locked for further details on the project which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 04/4/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.