Inspired by classic Rat Pack heist film Oceans Eleven and its 2001 remake, So So Def boss Jermaine Dupri has assembled a brand new supergroup. In addition to JD himself, Ocean’s Seven is composed of musical masterminds Johnta Austin, Trey Songz, Bryan-Michael Cox, Nelly, Tyrone, and Q Da Kid. The septet’s first Booth feature is centered around a sample of Kanye‘s verse from Jeezy‘s Put On. Knowing that there are still a quite few females that “Owe Me Sex,” the group decide that it’s time to collect on those debts. Johnta, Trey, and Nelly handle the verses, while B. Cox departs from his status quo on the production tip (when’s the last time you’ve heard him sample a hip-hop song?). When a supergroup is assembled, a massive groupie reaction is sure to follow (see Expensive Taste, TGT, CRS, and Slaughterhouse); expect that buzz to rise to a fever pitch when Ocean’s Seven drop their debut mixtape, 3008, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Listen to More: Ocean's Seven
Written by Burmy on 05/17/09
So So Def
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.