Inspired by classic Rat Pack heist film Oceans Eleven and its 2001 remake, So So Def boss Jermaine Dupri has assembled a brand new supergroup. In addition to JD himself, Ocean’s Seven is composed of musical masterminds Johnta Austin, Trey Songz, Bryan-Michael Cox, Nelly, Tyrone, and Q Da Kid. The septet’s first Booth feature is centered around a sample of Kanye‘s verse from Jeezy‘s Put On. Knowing that there are still a quite few females that “Owe Me Sex,” the group decide that it’s time to collect on those debts. Johnta, Trey, and Nelly handle the verses, while B. Cox departs from his status quo on the production tip (when’s the last time you’ve heard him sample a hip-hop song?). When a supergroup is assembled, a massive groupie reaction is sure to follow (see Expensive Taste, TGT, CRS, and Slaughterhouse); expect that buzz to rise to a fever pitch when Ocean’s Seven drop their debut mixtape, 3008, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Listen to More: Ocean's Seven
Written by Burmy on 05/17/09
So So Def
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.