Though I’ll take adulthood over childhood any day of the week (more spending money, no curfew, no parents to tell you you can’t eat ice cream for breakfast…), there’s nothing easy about the process of growing up; thus, I can empathize with Moosh and Twist (together known as OCD) when they look back wistfully on a simpler time, spitting: “Take Me Back to the days I know.” On the latest single off their newly-released digital album, a light, bell-accented beat by Ritz Reynolds sets an appropriately nostalgic mood as the 18-year-old Philly representers contrast the frustrations of their current grind with the relatively ease and comfort of their high-school years, reminiscing about the good times (“It’s the summertime, lookin’ at my phone till it ring / Goin’ down for my school, Mr. Homecoming King”) and offering a little insight into their personal lives (Twist spits,“Me and my dad, we don’t really talk much…). Like what you’re hearing? The Welcome Mat is available now for free download from the crew’s official site, and you can peep this joint’s Rex Arrow-directed video accompaniment here.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mathematics (Remix)" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.