Though I’ll take adulthood over childhood any day of the week (more spending money, no curfew, no parents to tell you you can’t eat ice cream for breakfast…), there’s nothing easy about the process of growing up; thus, I can empathize with Moosh and Twist (together known as OCD) when they look back wistfully on a simpler time, spitting: “Take Me Back to the days I know.” On the latest single off their newly-released digital album, a light, bell-accented beat by Ritz Reynolds sets an appropriately nostalgic mood as the 18-year-old Philly representers contrast the frustrations of their current grind with the relatively ease and comfort of their high-school years, reminiscing about the good times (“It’s the summertime, lookin’ at my phone till it ring / Goin’ down for my school, Mr. Homecoming King”) and offering a little insight into their personal lives (Twist spits,“Me and my dad, we don’t really talk much…). Like what you’re hearing? The Welcome Mat is available now for free download from the crew’s official site, and you can peep this joint’s Rex Arrow-directed video accompaniment here.
Written by richard on 08/23/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mathematics (Remix)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.