Since we first featured Moosh & Twist, collectively known as OCD, hip-hop fans nationwide have really begun to pay some serious attention to the Philly teenagers. But with attention comes groupies, and with groupies comes fake love. What the duo could really use right now are some true friends to Hold It Down; and if those true friends just so happen to be hot chicks, all the better. Producer DK supplies a beat that interwines plucked strings with eerie violin lines, exploding the instrumental into a full-on party anthem for the chorus. On the mic Twist kicks off the festivities with a Redbull-washed-down-with-Monster level flow that somehow manages to work in both references to Peter Pan and Pinocchio and some serious bling. Moosh jumps in for the aforementioned anthemic hook, throwing down some serious pop culture references of his own on the second verse (word to Mr. Cooper) before going back to back on bars with Twist for the closing verse. If you’re digging this uber-energetic jam you can hold ODC down in two ways. One, go cop their recently released The Vestibule project, and two, check out the video for Hold It Down right now.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Me Back" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.