Although it’s been over a year since we featured Hold It Down from Philly duo OCD: Moosh & Twist, the song still in my regular rotation. It even made its way onto my iPhone (something I only do when I really like a record). Six features later, the twosome are back with All Alright, looking to have created yet another effort worthy of our Apple product of choice. For this high-energy tune, beatmakers 6IX and TyTy America chop up the song of the same name from Grammy award-winning pop band Fun. While the co-producers add their own unique spin on the song, they leave the chorus relatively untouched, which serves as a great compliment to an energetic, whimsical performance from Moosh and Twist that is designed to put get you feelin’ All Alright, no matter how rough your day has been. OCD’s forthcoming mixtape, Back To The Basement hits the net next month. Until then, take a peek at their rapidly growing feature library, including this month’s, This High.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Me Back" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.