Whose World is this? The world is yours (it’s mine, it’s mine, it’s mine)! Well, this particular World is really only Obii Say‘s. On his first feature since 2012’s Plastic, the DC native creates a unique jam by drawing inspiration from the classic Nas tune. Longtime collaborator ABthePro creates a similar ambiance behind the boards, turning in a bare-bones, yet effective piano-driven instrumental. On the mic, Obii blends his raspy, gritty vocals with a more laid-back delivery to create an interesting vibe that, while influenced by Nasir Jones, is all his own. There is no news on anything larger in the works, but we’ll keep you posted on Say’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/24/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hey, I Remember You" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.