Whose World is this? The world is yours (it’s mine, it’s mine, it’s mine)! Well, this particular World is really only Obii Say‘s. On his first feature since 2012’s Plastic, the DC native creates a unique jam by drawing inspiration from the classic Nas tune. Longtime collaborator ABthePro creates a similar ambiance behind the boards, turning in a bare-bones, yet effective piano-driven instrumental. On the mic, Obii blends his raspy, gritty vocals with a more laid-back delivery to create an interesting vibe that, while influenced by Nasir Jones, is all his own. There is no news on anything larger in the works, but we’ll keep you posted on Say’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hey, I Remember You" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.