Whose World is this? The world is yours (it’s mine, it’s mine, it’s mine)! Well, this particular World is really only Obii Say‘s. On his first feature since 2012’s Plastic, the DC native creates a unique jam by drawing inspiration from the classic Nas tune. Longtime collaborator ABthePro creates a similar ambiance behind the boards, turning in a bare-bones, yet effective piano-driven instrumental. On the mic, Obii blends his raspy, gritty vocals with a more laid-back delivery to create an interesting vibe that, while influenced by Nasir Jones, is all his own. There is no news on anything larger in the works, but we’ll keep you posted on Say’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hey, I Remember You" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.