Whose World is this? The world is yours (it’s mine, it’s mine, it’s mine)! Well, this particular World is really only Obii Say‘s. On his first feature since 2012’s Plastic, the DC native creates a unique jam by drawing inspiration from the classic Nas tune. Longtime collaborator ABthePro creates a similar ambiance behind the boards, turning in a bare-bones, yet effective piano-driven instrumental. On the mic, Obii blends his raspy, gritty vocals with a more laid-back delivery to create an interesting vibe that, while influenced by Nasir Jones, is all his own. There is no news on anything larger in the works, but we’ll keep you posted on Say’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hey, I Remember You" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.