Whose World is this? The world is yours (it’s mine, it’s mine, it’s mine)! Well, this particular World is really only Obii Say‘s. On his first feature since 2012’s Plastic, the DC native creates a unique jam by drawing inspiration from the classic Nas tune. Longtime collaborator ABthePro creates a similar ambiance behind the boards, turning in a bare-bones, yet effective piano-driven instrumental. On the mic, Obii blends his raspy, gritty vocals with a more laid-back delivery to create an interesting vibe that, while influenced by Nasir Jones, is all his own. There is no news on anything larger in the works, but we’ll keep you posted on Say’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hey, I Remember You" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.