They say “trill” and “real” are synonymous, but you only learn what “trill” is by examining the behavior of those who came before you, who learned to be trill from their progenitors and so on ad infinitum. On his second solo feature, making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, Obii Say surveys the Plastic world surrounding him, struggling to discern the authentic from the ersatz. And the question isn’t simply academic; over the dreamy keys of ABthePro (who also contributes guest vocals), the artist spins a lyrical narrative that demonstrates the fatal consequences that can follow when someone is taught from a young age that “real G’s” solve their problems with violence. This thought-provoking cut isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked for all the latest from this promising up-and-comer.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hey, I Remember You" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!