They say “trill” and “real” are synonymous, but you only learn what “trill” is by examining the behavior of those who came before you, who learned to be trill from their progenitors and so on ad infinitum. On his second solo feature, making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, Obii Say surveys the Plastic world surrounding him, struggling to discern the authentic from the ersatz. And the question isn’t simply academic; over the dreamy keys of ABthePro (who also contributes guest vocals), the artist spins a lyrical narrative that demonstrates the fatal consequences that can follow when someone is taught from a young age that “real G’s” solve their problems with violence. This thought-provoking cut isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked for all the latest from this promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 11/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hey, I Remember You" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.