They say “trill” and “real” are synonymous, but you only learn what “trill” is by examining the behavior of those who came before you, who learned to be trill from their progenitors and so on ad infinitum. On his second solo feature, making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, Obii Say surveys the Plastic world surrounding him, struggling to discern the authentic from the ersatz. And the question isn’t simply academic; over the dreamy keys of ABthePro (who also contributes guest vocals), the artist spins a lyrical narrative that demonstrates the fatal consequences that can follow when someone is taught from a young age that “real G’s” solve their problems with violence. This thought-provoking cut isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked for all the latest from this promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 11/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hey, I Remember You" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)