They say “trill” and “real” are synonymous, but you only learn what “trill” is by examining the behavior of those who came before you, who learned to be trill from their progenitors and so on ad infinitum. On his second solo feature, making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, Obii Say surveys the Plastic world surrounding him, struggling to discern the authentic from the ersatz. And the question isn’t simply academic; over the dreamy keys of ABthePro (who also contributes guest vocals), the artist spins a lyrical narrative that demonstrates the fatal consequences that can follow when someone is taught from a young age that “real G’s” solve their problems with violence. This thought-provoking cut isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked for all the latest from this promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 11/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hey, I Remember You" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.