They say “trill” and “real” are synonymous, but you only learn what “trill” is by examining the behavior of those who came before you, who learned to be trill from their progenitors and so on ad infinitum. On his second solo feature, making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, Obii Say surveys the Plastic world surrounding him, struggling to discern the authentic from the ersatz. And the question isn’t simply academic; over the dreamy keys of ABthePro (who also contributes guest vocals), the artist spins a lyrical narrative that demonstrates the fatal consequences that can follow when someone is taught from a young age that “real G’s” solve their problems with violence. This thought-provoking cut isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked for all the latest from this promising up-and-comer.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hey, I Remember You" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.