It takes a brave rapper to introduce himself to the Booth with a freestyle over a J. Dilla beat—let alone one as classic as the one that backed Slum Village‘s Fall in Love. That, however, is exactly what D.C. spitter Obii Say does on Hey, I Remember You, the inaugural leak off his forthcoming street release. Has the up-and-comer succeeded in doing the original justice? If so, keep it locked for the latest on Say’s Dilla-inspired Donuts for the Villagers project, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 08/17/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.