It takes a brave rapper to introduce himself to the Booth with a freestyle over a J. Dilla beat—let alone one as classic as the one that backed Slum Village‘s Fall in Love. That, however, is exactly what D.C. spitter Obii Say does on Hey, I Remember You, the inaugural leak off his forthcoming street release. Has the up-and-comer succeeded in doing the original justice? If so, keep it locked for the latest on Say’s Dilla-inspired Donuts for the Villagers project, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 08/17/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.