If I had to guess what it would be like to Spend a Day with Obie Trice... well, let’s just say I envision myself passed out on his bathroom floor by lunchtime, after foolishly attempting to match the Motown rhymesayer cocktail for cocktail. (As a look over his project titles will attest, dude loves his liquor.) I, however, am a dude and not a fly female; judging by the latest single off the former Shady Records signee’s long-delayed junior set, a beautiful woman who gives Obie 1,440 minutes of her time can expect to be wined, dined and generally treated like the queen she is. The ironically-named NoSpeakerz handles production duties, serving up a slow-rolling, guitar-driven instrumental as Trice tantalizes a chick he’s had his eyes on with visions of luxurious outings and lavish gifts: “They roll the carpet whenever when the girl’s out / Make sure it’s red ‘cause I make sure the bottoms are.” Singer Drey Skonie guests, emphasizing that money is no object on his smooth chorus. Are you itching to spend a little more time with Obie Trice after listening to his latest single? More is on the way: Bottoms Up is scheduled to (finally) hit record stores and online retailers April 3.
Written by richard on 03/4/12
Submit your Rating
Black Market Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Detroit Summer" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.