If I had to guess what it would be like to Spend a Day with Obie Trice... well, let’s just say I envision myself passed out on his bathroom floor by lunchtime, after foolishly attempting to match the Motown rhymesayer cocktail for cocktail. (As a look over his project titles will attest, dude loves his liquor.) I, however, am a dude and not a fly female; judging by the latest single off the former Shady Records signee’s long-delayed junior set, a beautiful woman who gives Obie 1,440 minutes of her time can expect to be wined, dined and generally treated like the queen she is. The ironically-named NoSpeakerz handles production duties, serving up a slow-rolling, guitar-driven instrumental as Trice tantalizes a chick he’s had his eyes on with visions of luxurious outings and lavish gifts: “They roll the carpet whenever when the girl’s out / Make sure it’s red ‘cause I make sure the bottoms are.” Singer Drey Skonie guests, emphasizing that money is no object on his smooth chorus. Are you itching to spend a little more time with Obie Trice after listening to his latest single? More is on the way: Bottoms Up is scheduled to (finally) hit record stores and online retailers April 3.
Written by richard on 03/4/12
Submit your Rating
Black Market Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Detroit Summer" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.