If I had to guess what it would be like to Spend a Day with Obie Trice... well, let’s just say I envision myself passed out on his bathroom floor by lunchtime, after foolishly attempting to match the Motown rhymesayer cocktail for cocktail. (As a look over his project titles will attest, dude loves his liquor.) I, however, am a dude and not a fly female; judging by the latest single off the former Shady Records signee’s long-delayed junior set, a beautiful woman who gives Obie 1,440 minutes of her time can expect to be wined, dined and generally treated like the queen she is. The ironically-named NoSpeakerz handles production duties, serving up a slow-rolling, guitar-driven instrumental as Trice tantalizes a chick he’s had his eyes on with visions of luxurious outings and lavish gifts: “They roll the carpet whenever when the girl’s out / Make sure it’s red ‘cause I make sure the bottoms are.” Singer Drey Skonie guests, emphasizing that money is no object on his smooth chorus. Are you itching to spend a little more time with Obie Trice after listening to his latest single? More is on the way: Bottoms Up is scheduled to (finally) hit record stores and online retailers April 3.
Written by richard on 03/4/12
Submit your Rating
Black Market Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Detroit Summer" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.