This Saturday, March 9, marked the 16-year anniversary of Biggie Smalls’ untimely passing. To commemorate the occasion, and honor B.I.G.‘s immortal contributions to the hip-hop game, Detroit rhymesayer Obie Trice unleashed a brand new promo single entitled Pocket Full. Here, D Trackz’ era-appropriate street boardwork backs the Booth fave as he channels the East Coast legend’s flow, delivery and lyrical approach. Impossible as it may be to fill Frank White’s capacious kicks, I have a feeling Trice’s homage will leave few unimpressed. This record isn’t part of any larger project but, if it’s whet your appetite for more new material from the Motown mainstay, you can keep it locked for the latest on Obie’s as yet-unscheduled forthcoming album, Hangover.
Written by richard on 03/10/13
Submit your Rating
Black Market Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Detroit Summer" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.