In late November, Shady expatriate Obie Trice and producer MoSS caught lightning in a bottle with I Am, a chaotic street banger that earned rave reviews from most of our readers. If you’re worried that Trice can’t sustain that level of dopeness over the long-haul, don’t be – his major stint’s clearly left him with enough pent-up energy to go On & On (and on, and on…). This time around, MoSS skews a little darker on the production tip, layering Twilight Zone-esque piano arpeggios and tension-fraught string samples over a driving percussion rhythm. Obie amps up his aggression to match, packing his verses with so many tightly-wound, internally rhymed lyrical gems that it’s hard to pick one snippet to quote (so I won’t). And, as if that weren’t enough, DJ Grouch returns from I Am to contribute some spectacularly dope cuts on the chorus. Special Reserve drops next Tuesday, December 15, and fans should be sure to check back with us on December 22, when Obie Trice steps into the Booth for an exclusive interview with DJ Z.
Listen to More: Obie Trice
Written by richard on 12/10/09
Black Market Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Detroit Summer" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.