In late November, Shady expatriate Obie Trice and producer MoSS caught lightning in a bottle with I Am, a chaotic street banger that earned rave reviews from most of our readers. If you’re worried that Trice can’t sustain that level of dopeness over the long-haul, don’t be – his major stint’s clearly left him with enough pent-up energy to go On & On (and on, and on…). This time around, MoSS skews a little darker on the production tip, layering Twilight Zone-esque piano arpeggios and tension-fraught string samples over a driving percussion rhythm. Obie amps up his aggression to match, packing his verses with so many tightly-wound, internally rhymed lyrical gems that it’s hard to pick one snippet to quote (so I won’t). And, as if that weren’t enough, DJ Grouch returns from I Am to contribute some spectacularly dope cuts on the chorus. Special Reserve drops next Tuesday, December 15, and fans should be sure to check back with us on December 22, when Obie Trice steps into the Booth for an exclusive interview with DJ Z.
Listen to More: Obie Trice Written by richard
Black Market Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Detroit Summer" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.