In late November, Shady expatriate Obie Trice and producer MoSS caught lightning in a bottle with I Am, a chaotic street banger that earned rave reviews from most of our readers. If you’re worried that Trice can’t sustain that level of dopeness over the long-haul, don’t be – his major stint’s clearly left him with enough pent-up energy to go On & On (and on, and on…). This time around, MoSS skews a little darker on the production tip, layering Twilight Zone-esque piano arpeggios and tension-fraught string samples over a driving percussion rhythm. Obie amps up his aggression to match, packing his verses with so many tightly-wound, internally rhymed lyrical gems that it’s hard to pick one snippet to quote (so I won’t). And, as if that weren’t enough, DJ Grouch returns from I Am to contribute some spectacularly dope cuts on the chorus. Special Reserve drops next Tuesday, December 15, and fans should be sure to check back with us on December 22, when Obie Trice steps into the Booth for an exclusive interview with DJ Z.
Listen to More: Obie Trice
Written by richard on 12/10/09
Black Market Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Detroit Summer" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.