There are few sure things in life, but this is one of them: when someone says No Disrespect, whatever follows is guaranteed to be an enormous f**king dis. Obie Trice‘s latest single, the inaugural release off his next studio album, is no exception to the rule. The lead single off the former Shady signee’s senior album and his first feature since March’s Richard, this freshly-released cut finds NoSpeakerz serving up a minimalistic, string-laced backdrop as Obie laments the current state of the game: “I know hip-hop growth creates gross / but most sh*t in hip-hop now is just gross.” The targets of his scorn include rappers who wear skinny jeans, Antoine Dodson, Twitter beef, and did I mention rappers in skinny jeans? If you agree with Trice’s diagnosis of the problem, you can be part of the solution by copping The Hangover when it hits record stores and online retailers in the near future. In the meantime, keep it locked for the latest tunes!
Written by richard on 11/14/12
Submit your Rating
Black Market Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Detroit Summer" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.