There are few sure things in life, but this is one of them: when someone says No Disrespect, whatever follows is guaranteed to be an enormous f**king dis. Obie Trice‘s latest single, the inaugural release off his next studio album, is no exception to the rule. The lead single off the former Shady signee’s senior album and his first feature since March’s Richard, this freshly-released cut finds NoSpeakerz serving up a minimalistic, string-laced backdrop as Obie laments the current state of the game: “I know hip-hop growth creates gross / but most sh*t in hip-hop now is just gross.” The targets of his scorn include rappers who wear skinny jeans, Antoine Dodson, Twitter beef, and did I mention rappers in skinny jeans? If you agree with Trice’s diagnosis of the problem, you can be part of the solution by copping The Hangover when it hits record stores and online retailers in the near future. In the meantime, keep it locked for the latest tunes!
Written by richard on 11/14/12
Submit your Rating
Black Market Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Detroit Summer" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.