New music from former Shady Records stalwart Obie Trice has been few and far between in the last few years – his last DJBooth feature was December’s On & On – but what the Detroit native lacks in quantity he tends to make up for in quality. In fact, Obie’s so confident about his upcoming material, he’s declaring 2010 My Time. A brand new rumored street single, My Time (not My Time 2011, as others have reported) is a new addition to the Trice catalog that’s a little more smooth than we’re used to hearing from the often hard-flowing emcee as he takes Geno XO’s celebratory, sparkling, soulful beat and invests his lyrics in his bank roll, detailing just how determined he is to succeed, and succeed in style: “Get money till the day I’m a victim…but for now I’m gonna get my rich in / double that dollar, flippin.” If On & On was a 40, My Time is a top-shelf brandy, a fitting analogy considering the title of Obie’s long awaited upcoming album, Bottom’s Up, to be released independently sometime later than tomorrow.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/25/10
Submit your Rating
Black Market Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Detroit Summer" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.