Obie Trice has been quiet since May, when he stepped into the Booth with LP cut Bang, but an inveterate hustler like the Motown representative can’t stay dormant for long. Today, he returns to the hustle with Loot, a hard-nosed jam chronicling his neverending quest for paper. D12‘s Denaun Porter handles production on this street-ready cut, crafting a grimy chopped-sample beat to back Trice’s block talk. His instrumental is accented by snippets from 2Pac‘s Caught I Had To (“I need the loot.”) and Bone Thugs’ Foe Tha Love of $ (“Aw, man, here come the crooked ass cops.”). Obie’s Hang Over LP is scheduled to drop in January 2014 via Black Market Ent. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for further song releases off the set.
Written by richard on 11/7/13
Submit your Rating
Black Market Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Detroit Summer" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.