Obie Trice has been quiet since May, when he stepped into the Booth with LP cut Bang, but an inveterate hustler like the Motown representative can’t stay dormant for long. Today, he returns to the hustle with Loot, a hard-nosed jam chronicling his neverending quest for paper. D12‘s Denaun Porter handles production on this street-ready cut, crafting a grimy chopped-sample beat to back Trice’s block talk. His instrumental is accented by snippets from 2Pac‘s Caught I Had To (“I need the loot.”) and Bone Thugs’ Foe Tha Love of $ (“Aw, man, here come the crooked ass cops.”). Obie’s Hang Over LP is scheduled to drop in January 2014 via Black Market Ent. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for further song releases off the set.
Written by richard on 11/7/13
Submit your Rating
Black Market Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Detroit Summer" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.