Obie Trice has been quiet since May, when he stepped into the Booth with LP cut Bang, but an inveterate hustler like the Motown representative can’t stay dormant for long. Today, he returns to the hustle with Loot, a hard-nosed jam chronicling his neverending quest for paper. D12‘s Denaun Porter handles production on this street-ready cut, crafting a grimy chopped-sample beat to back Trice’s block talk. His instrumental is accented by snippets from 2Pac‘s Caught I Had To (“I need the loot.”) and Bone Thugs’ Foe Tha Love of $ (“Aw, man, here come the crooked ass cops.”). Obie’s Hang Over LP is scheduled to drop in January 2014 via Black Market Ent. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for further song releases off the set.
Written by richard on 11/7/13
Submit your Rating
Black Market Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Detroit Summer" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.