After leaving Shady Records as the highest selling solo artist not named Eminem, Obie Trice is now looking to catapult himself to the top of the rap game on his own. On his newly-leaked album cut, I Am, the second leak off his new album following the vengeful Got Hungry, Trice sounds motivated to achieve solo greatness and proves it by coming out with fast and ferocious rhymes. Produced by newcomer MoSS, the beat mixes in vocals and instrumentals to form an awesome sound, enhanced by DJ Grouch, whose cuts and scratches flow great here. Trice doesn’t take many cheap shots at Shady Records here, although he does rhyme that Shady, “Took Obie Trice for granted.” As intense as he is on the track, Trice also takes the time to return to his humorous side, dropping clever lines like “I never lose fat, like Subway Jared.” I Am will appear on Trice’s forthcoming project Special Reserve, due out December 15.
Written by matt juss on 11/25/09
Submit your Rating
Black Market Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Detroit Summer" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.