After years of working with Eminem, D12 and the entire Shady family, Shady Record’s highest selling solo artist (minus Em of course), Obie Trice is now defiantly grinding on his own. As Obie Trice prepares this first non-Shady album, he’s released the “don’t call it a comeback” cut Got Hungry, a street banger of a track produced by up-and-comer MoSS and additionally featuring cuts by DJ Grouch (there’s still nothing better than a DJ cutting it up). Unlike his often comedic past, on Got Hungry Trice is just plain pissed, ready to sever any ties with his past in order to succeed: “Even though we cordial, I might step on a toe, turn a friend to foe.” Will Trice’s new, harder independent style bring more success to the Detroit mainstay? That’s up to the Booth to decide. Trice’s latest effort, Special Reserve, produced entirely by MoSS, drops December 15. Keep it locked for all the latest.
Listen to More: Obie Trice
Written by Nathan S. on 11/11/09
Black Market Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Detroit Summer" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.