After years of working with Eminem, D12 and the entire Shady family, Shady Record’s highest selling solo artist (minus Em of course), Obie Trice is now defiantly grinding on his own. As Obie Trice prepares this first non-Shady album, he’s released the “don’t call it a comeback” cut Got Hungry, a street banger of a track produced by up-and-comer MoSS and additionally featuring cuts by DJ Grouch (there’s still nothing better than a DJ cutting it up). Unlike his often comedic past, on Got Hungry Trice is just plain pissed, ready to sever any ties with his past in order to succeed: “Even though we cordial, I might step on a toe, turn a friend to foe.” Will Trice’s new, harder independent style bring more success to the Detroit mainstay? That’s up to the Booth to decide. Trice’s latest effort, Special Reserve, produced entirely by MoSS, drops December 15. Keep it locked for all the latest.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/11/09
Submit your Rating
Black Market Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Detroit Summer" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.