After years of working with Eminem, D12 and the entire Shady family, Shady Record’s highest selling solo artist (minus Em of course), Obie Trice is now defiantly grinding on his own. As Obie Trice prepares this first non-Shady album, he’s released the “don’t call it a comeback” cut Got Hungry, a street banger of a track produced by up-and-comer MoSS and additionally featuring cuts by DJ Grouch (there’s still nothing better than a DJ cutting it up). Unlike his often comedic past, on Got Hungry Trice is just plain pissed, ready to sever any ties with his past in order to succeed: “Even though we cordial, I might step on a toe, turn a friend to foe.” Will Trice’s new, harder independent style bring more success to the Detroit mainstay? That’s up to the Booth to decide. Trice’s latest effort, Special Reserve, produced entirely by MoSS, drops December 15. Keep it locked for all the latest.
Listen to More: Obie Trice Written by Nathan S.
Black Market Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Detroit Summer" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!