After years of working with Eminem, D12 and the entire Shady family, Shady Record’s highest selling solo artist (minus Em of course), Obie Trice is now defiantly grinding on his own. As Obie Trice prepares this first non-Shady album, he’s released the “don’t call it a comeback” cut Got Hungry, a street banger of a track produced by up-and-comer MoSS and additionally featuring cuts by DJ Grouch (there’s still nothing better than a DJ cutting it up). Unlike his often comedic past, on Got Hungry Trice is just plain pissed, ready to sever any ties with his past in order to succeed: “Even though we cordial, I might step on a toe, turn a friend to foe.” Will Trice’s new, harder independent style bring more success to the Detroit mainstay? That’s up to the Booth to decide. Trice’s latest effort, Special Reserve, produced entirely by MoSS, drops December 15. Keep it locked for all the latest.
Listen to More: Obie Trice
Written by Nathan S. on 11/11/09
Black Market Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Detroit Summer" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.