In Bun B‘s mid-March interview with DJ Z, the UGK rapper touched upon the difference in how he and his late partner in rhyme, Pimp C, related to the ladies: “He’s a pimp, I’m a Playa” Apparently, Detroit emcee Obie Trice falls into the same camp, and on this newly-released cut off his forthcoming Bottom’s Up LP he teams up with Bun to detail exactly what being a Playa entails—if you haven’t guessed, it’s all about looking flashy, getting action, and, most importantly, avoiding commitment by any means necessary. Though Trice brings plenty of swagger to his opening and closing verses, Bun B provides what is arguably the record’s high point, casting his sexual exploits in a mythical light (“...I’ve been a playa since birth, since the big pimp in the sky dropped me upon this earth). Topped off with the appropriately swanky production stylings of Obie’s fellow Motown native, Kidd, this cut will undoubtedly leave bona fide players and wannabes alike thirsty for Bottom’s Up, due out later this year.
Written by Burmy on 04/22/09
Black Market Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Detroit Summer" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)