For better or worse, an artist’s entire career can be defined by one phrase (just ask Cam “No Snitchin” ron), and for lifelong Detroit representer Obie Trice, that phrase is, “real name, no gimmicks.” Coming off the release of his heavily slept on album Special Reserve, the former Shady emcee is back on his grind with the release of his new lyrical banger Anymore. Ironically named producer NoSpeakerz handles the beat, laying out a sample heavy foundation with snapping drums while Obie hits the stage to provide a lyrical monologue to the audience. On the mic Obie dives head first into the challenges he has endured over the past few years, venturing into topics ranging from getting shot in 2005 to leaving Interscope, as well as losing friends in the process. Whether Anymore will appear on Obie’s upcoming album, Bottoms Up, is still up in the air, but be sure that DJBooth.net will keep you updated if song becomes official. In the meantime, press play, grab your drinks, raise a toast, and cheers.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 11/7/10
Submit your Rating
Black Market Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Detroit Summer" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.