Back in January, OVO signee OB OBrien introduced himself with Steve Nash, a boastful joint inspired by the titular Lakers point guard. The response on our pages was positive, but a bit muted. His second feature, however, is practically guaranteed to set the Booth—and the rest of the blogosphere—on fire, thanks to the guest stylings of label boss Aubrey Graham. As the title suggests, 2 On/Thotful is a two-part jam. Thanks to beatsmith DJ Mustard, however, the first section dovetails so gracefully into the second that it feels like a single composition. Whereas OBrien’s braggadocious bars dominate the 2 On portion, Drake takes center stage on the R&B-tinged back half. If this promo single’s left you intrigued, stay tuned; OB has yet to announce a debut project, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 05/12/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.