Back in January, OVO signee OB OBrien introduced himself with Steve Nash, a boastful joint inspired by the titular Lakers point guard. The response on our pages was positive, but a bit muted. His second feature, however, is practically guaranteed to set the Booth—and the rest of the blogosphere—on fire, thanks to the guest stylings of label boss Aubrey Graham. As the title suggests, 2 On/Thotful is a two-part jam. Thanks to beatsmith DJ Mustard, however, the first section dovetails so gracefully into the second that it feels like a single composition. Whereas OBrien’s braggadocious bars dominate the 2 On portion, Drake takes center stage on the R&B-tinged back half. If this promo single’s left you intrigued, stay tuned; OB has yet to announce a debut project, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 05/12/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- We’re Sprung: The World Is Ready To Love T-Pain Again
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big K.R.I.T.‘s “Cadillactica”
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.