Back in January, OVO signee OB OBrien introduced himself with Steve Nash, a boastful joint inspired by the titular Lakers point guard. The response on our pages was positive, but a bit muted. His second feature, however, is practically guaranteed to set the Booth—and the rest of the blogosphere—on fire, thanks to the guest stylings of label boss Aubrey Graham. As the title suggests, 2 On/Thotful is a two-part jam. Thanks to beatsmith DJ Mustard, however, the first section dovetails so gracefully into the second that it feels like a single composition. Whereas OBrien’s braggadocious bars dominate the 2 On portion, Drake takes center stage on the R&B-tinged back half. If this promo single’s left you intrigued, stay tuned; OB has yet to announce a debut project, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 05/12/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.