Back in January, OVO signee OB OBrien introduced himself with Steve Nash, a boastful joint inspired by the titular Lakers point guard. The response on our pages was positive, but a bit muted. His second feature, however, is practically guaranteed to set the Booth—and the rest of the blogosphere—on fire, thanks to the guest stylings of label boss Aubrey Graham. As the title suggests, 2 On/Thotful is a two-part jam. Thanks to beatsmith DJ Mustard, however, the first section dovetails so gracefully into the second that it feels like a single composition. Whereas OBrien’s braggadocious bars dominate the 2 On portion, Drake takes center stage on the R&B-tinged back half. If this promo single’s left you intrigued, stay tuned; OB has yet to announce a debut project, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 05/12/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.