Though Steve Nash came up north of the border, his skills on the court have made him a major presence Stateside. OVO signed emcee OB OBrien, a native of Westdale Village, Ontario, hopes to replicate that feat in the music game, conquering the airwaves in America… and beyond. On his debut single and DJBooth feature, he draws further parallels between himself and the Lakers point guard, boasting about his skill at passing (the blunt, in his case) and reminiscing about a recent performance at the Staples Center. As the cut approaches its end, label boss (and childhood friend) Drizzy jumps on Chef Byer‘s head-nodding beat to deliver a few ad-libs. OB has yet to announce plans for a debut project, but those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked for all the latest from the rising rap star.
Written by richard on 01/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.