Though Steve Nash came up north of the border, his skills on the court have made him a major presence Stateside. OVO signed emcee OB OBrien, a native of Westdale Village, Ontario, hopes to replicate that feat in the music game, conquering the airwaves in America… and beyond. On his debut single and DJBooth feature, he draws further parallels between himself and the Lakers point guard, boasting about his skill at passing (the blunt, in his case) and reminiscing about a recent performance at the Staples Center. As the cut approaches its end, label boss (and childhood friend) Drizzy jumps on Chef Byer‘s head-nodding beat to deliver a few ad-libs. OB has yet to announce plans for a debut project, but those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked for all the latest from the rising rap star.
Written by richard on 01/27/14
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.