As a sorta socially-awkward youngster, I enjoyed my share of all-night video game binges, and it sounds like T!Katz emcee o8o can relate—on his first solo feature (making its online premiere right here in the Booth), the Atlanta-based rapper states with pride that, from dusk till dawn, “I’m On It.” o8o’s own chip music-meets-garbage disposal production would have made the perfect soundtrack to my days as a bleary-eyed NES addict, but its driving 8-bit grind is an equally fitting accompaniment to the artist’s account of sleepless nights spent questing for musical success. Pushing his aggressively bouncy, swagger-dripping Southern flow to the limit, o8o spits a retro-trendy series of allusive boasts—if you can appreciate the slightly nerdy appeal of a “Wu-Tang/Liu Kang” couplet, this is undoubtedly the record for you; even if o8o’s hipsterish brand of braggodocio isn’t your cup of tea, though, you owe it to yourself to stick around for his bangin’ bad-cartridge breakdown on the back end. This Is My Sh*t has yet to receive a solid release date, but fans can keep it locked to the Booth for more from both o8o and the T!Katz.
Written by richard on 05/26/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"WGP (White Girl Party) ft. o8o (of Thunderkatz)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.