Whatever your feelings on certain prominent female hip-hop artists whose names start with “Nicki” and end with “Minaj,” (I’m a fan, myself), it’s getting harder and harder to ignore the wave of talented femcees who have been hitting the scene of late. Introducing herself to the Booth with new single Overdrive, Massachusetts’ Nyne West is yet another hip-hop chick not afraid to jump in the driver’s seat and dominate a track. Over the synthy, pop-appealing boardwork of Ghetto Beat rapper/producer (and exclusive freestyle series alumnus) Kovas, the artist explains just how much she enjoys a good, uh, ride with a guy who knows how to treat her right. Appropriately enough, Nyne delegates hook duties to a prominent prominent R&B fella; Mario rounds out this freaky cut with a characteristically smooth chorus, as well as dropping a few flowed bars for good measure. Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked for all the latest on West’s Beauty and a Beast LP, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 06/16/10
Submit your Rating
A-List Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wax On, Wax Off (Remix)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.