If you have ever been to a college dorm, you’ve undoubtedly seen an Audrey Hepburn poster in some girl’s room. While many claim to be fans (because it is the trendy thing to do), how many can say they’ve written a song inspired by the late icon? Well, Nylo, for one. The Chi-Town native’s latest feature, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, is a breakup cut dedicated to the actress. As she confesses that she isn’t over her lost lover, her airy, delicate vocals are draped over a silky, euphoric instrumental by Jerry Good. Showcasing an angelic vocal delivery, Nylo asks her old flame, “Do you ever think of me now?” If she isn’t already on his mind, she will be after hearing this heartfelt jam. You can expect more unique cuts on Nylo’s Indigo Summer EP, out July 16.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take It Back" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.