No, your ears don’t deceive you, and we didn’t tag this record “Northeast” by accident. Born and bred in Flushing, Queens, Booth newcomer Nutso has simply decided to try his hand at a Southern street banger on Weed & Alcohol, the lead single off his forthcoming EP release. And what better way to capture that Down South flavor than by teaming up with Dee Metto, a producer from… Switzerland? F*ck, I don’t know what to believe anymore. In any case, the beatsmith creates a dope simulacrum of the style, layering trap-style tubular bells and chopped-n-screwed samples over slow-rolling percussion as Nutso pays tribute to his favorite pair of intoxicants, in between boasts of his cashflow and his sexual prowess. For this region-bending single and much more, check out Behind These Bars when it drops next Tuesday (9/18) via Poor Pocket Muzik.
Written by richard on 09/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nu World [Part II]" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.