No, your ears don’t deceive you, and we didn’t tag this record “Northeast” by accident. Born and bred in Flushing, Queens, Booth newcomer Nutso has simply decided to try his hand at a Southern street banger on Weed & Alcohol, the lead single off his forthcoming EP release. And what better way to capture that Down South flavor than by teaming up with Dee Metto, a producer from… Switzerland? F*ck, I don’t know what to believe anymore. In any case, the beatsmith creates a dope simulacrum of the style, layering trap-style tubular bells and chopped-n-screwed samples over slow-rolling percussion as Nutso pays tribute to his favorite pair of intoxicants, in between boasts of his cashflow and his sexual prowess. For this region-bending single and much more, check out Behind These Bars when it drops next Tuesday (9/18) via Poor Pocket Muzik.
Written by richard on 09/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nu World [Part II]" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.