No, your ears don’t deceive you, and we didn’t tag this record “Northeast” by accident. Born and bred in Flushing, Queens, Booth newcomer Nutso has simply decided to try his hand at a Southern street banger on Weed & Alcohol, the lead single off his forthcoming EP release. And what better way to capture that Down South flavor than by teaming up with Dee Metto, a producer from… Switzerland? F*ck, I don’t know what to believe anymore. In any case, the beatsmith creates a dope simulacrum of the style, layering trap-style tubular bells and chopped-n-screwed samples over slow-rolling percussion as Nutso pays tribute to his favorite pair of intoxicants, in between boasts of his cashflow and his sexual prowess. For this region-bending single and much more, check out Behind These Bars when it drops next Tuesday (9/18) via Poor Pocket Muzik.
Written by richard on 09/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nu World [Part II]" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.