Though Numonics‘s new, Booth-hosted street album is purely instrumental, each of the 17 original beats on the project packs enough atmosphere and personality to be a riveting listen in its own right. In fact, any one of them could be the soundtrack to its own short film. Case in point: new single What the Lick Read, whose abrasive electronic assault provides the perfect adrenalin-pumping backdrop for director J Macs’ depiction of a chase scene set in downtown Miami. The result is so dope that Numonics’ already on the lookout for his next cinematic collaborator. Think you have what it takes? Shoot a video for any track off The (Instru)mentalist, excluding What the Lick Read, upload it to YouTube and send the link to Numonics@gmail.com before March 4, with the subject line “Short Film Contest Entry” before March 4. The winner, as judged by Numonics, Lightworks and Joe Cinnante, will be announced on March 11, and will receive $500 and an exclusive Last Rights prize pack as well as the chance to premiere their video via The DJBooth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dead Or Alive" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.