Though Numonics‘s new, Booth-hosted street album is purely instrumental, each of the 17 original beats on the project packs enough atmosphere and personality to be a riveting listen in its own right. In fact, any one of them could be the soundtrack to its own short film. Case in point: new single What the Lick Read, whose abrasive electronic assault provides the perfect adrenalin-pumping backdrop for director J Macs’ depiction of a chase scene set in downtown Miami. The result is so dope that Numonics’ already on the lookout for his next cinematic collaborator. Think you have what it takes? Shoot a video for any track off The (Instru)mentalist, excluding What the Lick Read, upload it to YouTube and send the link to Numonics@gmail.com before March 4, with the subject line “Short Film Contest Entry” before March 4. The winner, as judged by Numonics, Lightworks and Joe Cinnante, will be announced on March 11, and will receive $500 and an exclusive Last Rights prize pack as well as the chance to premiere their video via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 01/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dead Or Alive" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.