Back in January, in conjunction with the release of the official visuals for What the Lick Read, South Florida producer Numonics challenged current and aspiring filmmakers within his fanbase to create a cinematic accompaniment to another beat off his Booth-hosted The (Instru)Mentalist album for the chance to win $500, a Last Rights prize pack and a feature on our pages. Today, we’re proud to present the winning clip, as selected by the beatsmith along with co-judges Lightworks and Joe Cinnante. Based around the soulful My Other Love, Portugese filmmaker Pedro Zimman‘s video depicts the sinister circumstances surrounding a seemingly innocent afternoon drive. If this audio-visual experience compels you to delve more deeply into Numonics’ catalog, you’re encouraged to check out The (Instru)mentalist as well as Not for Nothing, his recent collaboration with Miami emcee Saheed. Both projects are available for free streaming and download right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 03/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dead Or Alive" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)