Back in January, in conjunction with the release of the official visuals for What the Lick Read, South Florida producer Numonics challenged current and aspiring filmmakers within his fanbase to create a cinematic accompaniment to another beat off his Booth-hosted The (Instru)Mentalist album for the chance to win $500, a Last Rights prize pack and a feature on our pages. Today, we’re proud to present the winning clip, as selected by the beatsmith along with co-judges Lightworks and Joe Cinnante. Based around the soulful My Other Love, Portugese filmmaker Pedro Zimman‘s video depicts the sinister circumstances surrounding a seemingly innocent afternoon drive. If this audio-visual experience compels you to delve more deeply into Numonics’ catalog, you’re encouraged to check out The (Instru)mentalist as well as Not for Nothing, his recent collaboration with Miami emcee Saheed. Both projects are available for free streaming and download right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 03/11/13
South Floridian beatsmith Numonics, whose has produced records for Freddie Gibbs, J NICS, and Ras Kass among others, has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his debut solo album, The (Instru)mentalist. Executive...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dead Or Alive" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.