Back in January, in conjunction with the release of the official visuals for What the Lick Read, South Florida producer Numonics challenged current and aspiring filmmakers within his fanbase to create a cinematic accompaniment to another beat off his Booth-hosted The (Instru)Mentalist album for the chance to win $500, a Last Rights prize pack and a feature on our pages. Today, we’re proud to present the winning clip, as selected by the beatsmith along with co-judges Lightworks and Joe Cinnante. Based around the soulful My Other Love, Portugese filmmaker Pedro Zimman‘s video depicts the sinister circumstances surrounding a seemingly innocent afternoon drive. If this audio-visual experience compels you to delve more deeply into Numonics’ catalog, you’re encouraged to check out The (Instru)mentalist as well as Not for Nothing, his recent collaboration with Miami emcee Saheed. Both projects are available for free streaming and download right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 03/11/13
South Floridian beatsmith Numonics, whose has produced records for Freddie Gibbs, J NICS, and Ras Kass among others, has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his debut solo album, The (Instru)mentalist. Executive...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dead Or Alive" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.