Google tells me that Riki-Oh is also the title of a popular Japanese comic, but if you’re like me and don’t know the first thing about manja, you can just remember that Riki-Oh was (likely) the first time you heard nuLOVE. A duo repping the seldom-repped state of Iowa, the production half of nuLOVE is Jharee, who creates a hazy yet banging beat that’s guaranteed to get heads nodding. For the microphone half of the nuLOVE equation emcee Boycott offers up a strong second verse surrounded by guest offerings from his rhyme compatriots Wally Left, Freakmite and Deon. Those finding themselves hungry for more of what the young Iowans are cooking up can get their forks out in anticipation of the release of their Equinox Vol. 3 album, due out December 17.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/4/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hearts Up" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)