Could it be? Could the ‘80s staple, once a retro punchline, be back in style? As those more fashion-savvy than I may be aware Members Only was resurrected way back in ‘04, and the brand only seems to have gained momentum in the years since. On their first Booth feature, the NU Revolution Camp celebrate the comeback by making a little Members Only Jacket Music. Over an exotically out-the-box string-sampled beat by Benny Rome, reader-approved crewmates Whitefolkz, Wordsmith, Kontact and Black Knight give us a guided tour of their wardrobes. Stunting may be the primary focus, but the fearsome foursome’s shifting rhyme schemes and memorable turns of phrase (not to mention the classy instrumental vibe) make this a cut above your average ode to couture. Does this cut make you want to run out and purchase a Members Only jacket of your very own – or, if you’re old enough to have an original specimen, dig it out of the back of your closet? Then you’ll undoubtedly appreciate the new material NRC are set to showcase on SuperHero Theme Music Vol. 1, coming soon.
Written by richard on 01/17/11
Submit your Rating
NU Revolution Entertainment LLC.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.