Some do it for the money, others for the fame, and still others for attention from the opposite sex. For Booth newcomers Nu Magik, however, creating dope music is an end in itself. Album standout Could It Be Love finds emcee Draztik expressing his affection for the hip-hop game (and offering a few constructive criticisms) over the dreamy production of behind-the-boards partner Deuce Maxwell. R&B singer Blu Smith guests, matching the preternaturally smooth beat with an equally silky chorus. Fans can find this cut on the forthcoming re-release of Nu Magik’s debut set, The Vintage, scheuled to drop sometime prior to the early-2012 release of sophomore set V2.
Written by richard on 12/12/11
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)