On their website, Now On describes their sound as “post-futuristic soul.” Not to be picky or anything, but I’m pretty sure that they made that term up. From what little information I’ve gathered about post-futurism throughout my education, their music is absolutely nothing like it. But hey, “post-futuristic soul” sounds cool, and that’s what really matters. Their new single, Unwind, is a trouble-free hip-hop ode to the art of seduction. Emcees IX Lives and Jackson Perry suavely meander through three verses, sharing their various methods of setting the mood. The other member of the Michigan trio, producer Haircut of The Lab Techs, contributes a steady, equally suave beat. Unwind will appear on Now On’s upcoming album, Tomorrow Already, out September 30.
Listen to More: Now On
Written by Charlie E. on 09/1/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.