On their website, Now On describes their sound as “post-futuristic soul.” Not to be picky or anything, but I’m pretty sure that they made that term up. From what little information I’ve gathered about post-futurism throughout my education, their music is absolutely nothing like it. But hey, “post-futuristic soul” sounds cool, and that’s what really matters. Their new single, Unwind, is a trouble-free hip-hop ode to the art of seduction. Emcees IX Lives and Jackson Perry suavely meander through three verses, sharing their various methods of setting the mood. The other member of the Michigan trio, producer Haircut of The Lab Techs, contributes a steady, equally suave beat. Unwind will appear on Now On’s upcoming album, Tomorrow Already, out September 30.
Written by Charlie E. on 09/1/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.