On their website, Now On describes their sound as “post-futuristic soul.” Not to be picky or anything, but I’m pretty sure that they made that term up. From what little information I’ve gathered about post-futurism throughout my education, their music is absolutely nothing like it. But hey, “post-futuristic soul” sounds cool, and that’s what really matters. Their new single, Unwind, is a trouble-free hip-hop ode to the art of seduction. Emcees IX Lives and Jackson Perry suavely meander through three verses, sharing their various methods of setting the mood. The other member of the Michigan trio, producer Haircut of The Lab Techs, contributes a steady, equally suave beat. Unwind will appear on Now On’s upcoming album, Tomorrow Already, out September 30.
Written by Charlie E. on 09/1/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.