If there’s one thing even more transcendent and ineffable than romantic love, it’s the love of a parent towards his or her child – at least, that’s what I’ve been told; at this point, I’m in absolutely no hurry to find out firsthand. In any case, it’s great material for a soul record, as Novel proves on his latest feature. This unreleased cut finds the ATL-based Renaissance musician addressing his daughter (unborn at the time of this track’s recording), calling her, “...my little piece of Wonderful.” Fellow reader favorite Chrisette Michele steps in to pay tribute to her own child in a guest verse, as well as accompanying Novel on the hook and contributing silken background vocals throughout. Featuring the vocal stylings of two of the Booth’s hands-down favorite R&B artists a lush, vintage-soul instrumental co-produced by the headliner and Tony Reyes, this heartfelt cut is one that anyone can appreciate – even if you’re not a mother or father, its appeal should be quite apparent (I think I may have just made the dumbest pun in DJBooth.net history).
Written by richard on 09/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.