If there’s one thing even more transcendent and ineffable than romantic love, it’s the love of a parent towards his or her child – at least, that’s what I’ve been told; at this point, I’m in absolutely no hurry to find out firsthand. In any case, it’s great material for a soul record, as Novel proves on his latest feature. This unreleased cut finds the ATL-based Renaissance musician addressing his daughter (unborn at the time of this track’s recording), calling her, “...my little piece of Wonderful.” Fellow reader favorite Chrisette Michele steps in to pay tribute to her own child in a guest verse, as well as accompanying Novel on the hook and contributing silken background vocals throughout. Featuring the vocal stylings of two of the Booth’s hands-down favorite R&B artists a lush, vintage-soul instrumental co-produced by the headliner and Tony Reyes, this heartfelt cut is one that anyone can appreciate – even if you’re not a mother or father, its appeal should be quite apparent (I think I may have just made the dumbest pun in DJBooth.net history).
Written by richard on 09/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.