If there’s one thing even more transcendent and ineffable than romantic love, it’s the love of a parent towards his or her child – at least, that’s what I’ve been told; at this point, I’m in absolutely no hurry to find out firsthand. In any case, it’s great material for a soul record, as Novel proves on his latest feature. This unreleased cut finds the ATL-based Renaissance musician addressing his daughter (unborn at the time of this track’s recording), calling her, “...my little piece of Wonderful.” Fellow reader favorite Chrisette Michele steps in to pay tribute to her own child in a guest verse, as well as accompanying Novel on the hook and contributing silken background vocals throughout. Featuring the vocal stylings of two of the Booth’s hands-down favorite R&B artists a lush, vintage-soul instrumental co-produced by the headliner and Tony Reyes, this heartfelt cut is one that anyone can appreciate – even if you’re not a mother or father, its appeal should be quite apparent (I think I may have just made the dumbest pun in DJBooth.net history).
Written by richard on 09/17/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.