Novel‘s taste for dark and unconventional subject matter (see: his last feature, early May’s Pretty Scars) may set him apart from his peers in the R&B game but, lest we forget, the man can also craft a damn fine bedroom burner. Case in point: new EP single To the Limit. Justin Kahler handles production on this steamy, yet understated cut, serving up a keyboard-driven instrumental with a slight hip-hop edge as the perennial Booth fave regales a female companion with tantalizing hints of the evening ahead. Novel adds the title of “director” to his already-bloated job description (singer/songwriter/rapper/producer/nail file/tweezers/corkscrew…) by spearheading the joint’s accompanying visuals, which star him alongside adult actress LaToya. Fans can find To the Limit and many more quality cuts on the artist’s Under Water, Overwhelmed EP, available now for streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 05/31/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)