Novel‘s taste for dark and unconventional subject matter (see: his last feature, early May’s Pretty Scars) may set him apart from his peers in the R&B game but, lest we forget, the man can also craft a damn fine bedroom burner. Case in point: new EP single To the Limit. Justin Kahler handles production on this steamy, yet understated cut, serving up a keyboard-driven instrumental with a slight hip-hop edge as the perennial Booth fave regales a female companion with tantalizing hints of the evening ahead. Novel adds the title of “director” to his already-bloated job description (singer/songwriter/rapper/producer/nail file/tweezers/corkscrew…) by spearheading the joint’s accompanying visuals, which star him alongside adult actress LaToya. Fans can find To the Limit and many more quality cuts on the artist’s Under Water, Overwhelmed EP, available now for streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 05/31/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.