No matter how much I try to fight it, I just can’t resist an r&b song laced with an otherworldly, mystical violin harmony that has me forgetting I’m on earth. With that said, please excuse the bias, but Novel’s latest release, Take Over, is absolutely phenomenal. Written, produced, and (obviously) performed by the man himself, Novel’s beautifully-crafted, string-filled backdrop (thanks in part to Ashanti “The Mad Violinist” Floyd) to his own seductive (yes, I said seductive) vocals makes this song more than deserving of a spot in anyone’s rotation. The song’s symphonic vibe behind Novel’s soulful beckoning may not be for everyone, and the last minute and a half could have worked better shaved to thirty seconds, but ultimately Take Over is, at its core, brilliant. There’s always a reason why an artist becomes a Booth favorite, and this is one of them. Like his previous solo offering Caffeine and Cigarettes, Take Over is off Novel’s currently shelved Audiobiography album, which we can currently only hope eventually sees the light of day.
Listen to More: Novel
Written by Matty K on 03/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.