In installment number four of his “Internet Novelties” series (featured earlier this week), reader-acclaimed singer/songwriter/emcee/producer Novel shouted out the Booth and proceeded to give viewers an inside look at his recording process. If you were wondering how the cut he was working on turned out, well, wonder no longer, because here it is! On this soulful reimagining of Kid CuDi‘s Sky Might Fall (a record CuDi’s performed live, but has not released to the ‘net), Novel sticks closer to the source material than he did on musical ‘sequel’ Song Cry II, but not by much—here, he rebuilds Kanye West‘s hazily ambient production from the ground up, giving his revamp a more organic feel with the addition of some driving piano chords. Of course, the ATL native’s soulful vocals are a far cry from CuDi’s stoneriffic drone, and the rewritten verses are where he truly makes the record his own. Novel’s debut album, The Audiobiography, is currently scheduled to drop this June, though the artist has implied that label issues may delay its release—keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest.
Written by richard on 04/23/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)