To be quite frank, sometimes songs just don’t make the cut and such is the case for L.A.-based producer/rapper/singer Novel‘s new record Should You Stay. The song was recorded by the artist during a past recording session, but unfortunately it was not able to find its way onto any major project from the DJBooth favorite. On the previously unreleased effort, which was let loose over the weekend, the singer finds himself in a bit of romantic turmoil as he questions why the one he wants to be with chooses to stay with someone else. Production from both Novel and frequent collaborator Tony Reyes keeps the record slightly upbeat as they blend engaging strings with drums. While Should You Stay is not attached to any particular project from Novel, his Red Wine & Ambien release from earlier in the year, is currently available for free stream and download at The DJBooth.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.