Sometimes, Red Lights mean “stop;” other times they mean “now recording,” or even “low battery.” But this is an R&B song, so, uh, what do you think they represent? Like TLC before him, when ATL-based Renaissance man Novel offers his girl the “red light special,” it’s crystal clear what he has in mind – and, if you’re slow on the uptake, beatsmith Prince Maestro‘s steamy blend of languid percussion and intricately-layered synths should be a big tip-off. While this joint isn’t as organically soulful as many of the exclusive freestyle series alum‘s other highly-acclaimed R&B bangers, his crooned vocals shine as brightly as ever – needless to say, those craving a bedroom burner that stands out from the pack won’t be disappointed. Calligraphy, Novel’s forthcoming studio album, also yet to receive a solid release date, but that doesn’t mean that the artist’s many fans in the Booth will have to go without new tunes for the foreseeable future; before the season’s out, you’ll have his new Legato Blues Summer mixtape in your headphones. In the meantime, keep it locked!
Written by richard on 07/12/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fighters (Remix) ft. Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)